Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to work

I have just had about four weeks of a sort of holiday down in Perth.

I work up in the bush for two weeks and then get a week off home in Perth, we actualy came out two days late due to some inclement weather, so a weeksR&R and then a swing off and another weeks R&R should have given me 28 days off but I had to make do with 26.

I had all sorts of plans for the time off, but the best laid plans of mice and men are oft to go astray (apologies to Rabbie Burns). My first stumbling block was the weather, March should be cooling off and nice weatherto paint the house, but not this year, the summer was late coming and a sight bloody later going, so after it cooled down a bit I managed to do some preperation and it will get done next time (or the time after). Had my son turn up on R&R from Queensland, so that slowed down things a bit, then just after we had bundled him back to QLD, up pops a daughter for an extended stay, she is no trouble and good to argue with.

So it is back to work tomorrow, two weeks in the bush, good food and no problems, only worry is that there is a bit of bad feeling on the shift so it may be a little trying, I will probably enjoy myself and will tell the story when I get back home in about a fortnight.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous octarine said...

Great to see you posting again. I miss your stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home